Interesting Blogs

Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Name Is Earl


You know the kind of guy who does nothing but bad things and then wonders why his life sucks? Well, that was me: every time something good happened to me, something bad was always waitin' around the corner. Karma. That's when I realized I had to change. So, I made a list of everything bad I've ever done, and one by one I'm gonna make up for all my mistakes. I'm just tryin' to be a better person. My name is Earl.


Well thats the start of the show, an introductory tag line at the start of every episode, and enough to bring me back in the mood of watching Earl. Well it pretty much explain what the show if all about, but its lot more fun than it just sound. You gotta watch it to believe it.


The show follows Earl Hickey, a no good bastard who is the personification of white trash. But when Earl wins the lottery only to get hit by a car and lose the ticket, he has an epiphany about karma. He realizes that by treating people poorly, he's done himself wrong and immediately sets out to be a better person. As soon as he makes this decision, the ticket blows into his reach again. With help from his brother Randy and a motel maid named Catalina, Earl resolves to make up for all the bad things he's done in his life.


This is Randy, Earl's Brother.

While hospitalized and under the influence of morphine, Earl hears Carson Daly talk about karma on TV and comes to the conclusion that his bad luck has been caused by his lifestyle. (It is typical of Earl that he believes Carson Daly invented the concept of karma.) He decides to make a list of everything bad he has ever done, with the intention of making up for all of his mistakes and crossing the items off the list as he goes.


This is Joy Earl's ex-wife.


And this is Crabman, Joy's new husband.

Earl's first good deed, picking up garbage, leads to him finding his lost winning lottery ticket. See the show to find out the rest, I wont spoil the fun.

1 comment:

Amit Gupta said...

Looks gr8....... can u mention the timing and chanel for this episode......